Harry Potter Trivia Questions and Answers!
I go to trivia events (or my new fave, Team Family Feud) all the time, but nothing gets me more pumped than themed trivia. I like having a frame of reference about what the questions will be on! It’s a pretty much 100% guarantee that if I see a themed trivia about something I’m interested in… I’ll go! So when I found out about The Pub’s Harry Potter trivia in Atlanta at Perimeter Mall… I was in!
Because I found out about it so last minute, the only person I was able to scrounge up was my Bosnian who, bless him, has never read or seen HP. So it was up to me!
The way they do trivia is a little different. They had 20 questions that were all equally weighted. They ask all 20, you turn in your answer sheet, and then they called up the teams for the tie breaker. The questions were pretty easy, so there were 9 teams that had a perfect score (yours truly included). Then there was a tie breaker round in which all teams submitted a difficult question for the other teams to answer.
The first round questions are kinda easy, so if you’re feeling very meh, feel free to skip to the tie breaker questions. At the end of the night, I did suggest that perhaps they should up the question rigor for next time’s Disney questions and even offered to contribute some. So, we shall see! You can find the answers with the link at the bottom).
- Who wrote the Harry Potter novels?
- How many Harry Potter movies are there? (Normal, not extended universe)
- In the epilogue, whom does Harry Potter marry?
- How are students sorted into their houses at Hogwarts?
- Who is the sulking ghost in the bathroom at Hogwarts?
- How many posts are there on a Quidditch pitch in total?
- What is the symbol of Slytherin House?
- When is Harry Potter’s birthday? (No points for the year, but do you know it?)
- What was Lord Voldemort’s birth name? (Middle too!)
- What do Hermione’s parents do for a living?
- What kind of Magical Creatures are Dobby and Winky?
- In Chamber of Secrets, what tree do Ron and Harry run into?
- What fruit do you have to tickle to get into the Hogwarts kitchen?
- What’s the name of Hagrid’s huge dog? (Bonus point for his other dog)
- What platform do you get on for the Hogwarts Express?
- In Prisoner of Azkaban, where does the Knight Bus drop Harry off?
- What enchanted item can instantly transport you?
- What did Harry, Ron, and Hermione encounter on the forbidden 3rd floor corridor?
- What are the 4 houses of Hogwarts? Bonus points for first names?
- What did Dumbledore leave to Ron in his will?
Tie Breaker Questions
These were written by the teams and are a bit harder
- What vault was the Sorcerer’s Stone kept in?
- What is the difference between Monkshood and Wolfsbane?
- Who scored the first goal for Ireland in the Quidditch World Cup?
- In Sorcerer’s Stone, what do Hermione and Harry leave at the top of the tallest tower?
- What number doctor in Dr. Who was also in Harry Potter? (This question was loudly booed as a Dr. Who question and then replaced with “Who played Barty Crouch Jr” which imho is still a bit of a cop out)
- Why did Harry miss the Halloween Feast in the Chamber of Secrets?
- Which cousin was Harry disguised as at Bill and Fleur’s wedding?
- (Mine!) How many staircases are in Hogwarts? (This was the question that cost us the win at another one lololol. Who KNOWS that??)
- Who is kissing during the epilogue?
Any questions you’d like to add? or ask me? I’d seriously big time love to answer.
Stay tuned for Game of Thrones and Disney trivia questions! Or perhaps another round of Harry Potter trivia Atlanta 😀
Might I suggest…